Sunday, January 31, 2010

Last Day in Paradise

Today is our last day in Shell Beach and I will have to say goodby to my two crow friends.  It has been interesting to watch their antics.  They have many characteristics in common with ravens.  I had never paid much attention to crows before, so this vacation was a great opportunity to watch them up close.  Each morning I put out bread crumbs on one corner of the deck railing for the white crowned sparrows.  On the other end I  put out meat scraps for the crows.  Occasionally a seagull would cruise by to see what was what but I would go outside and scare him off. 
The crow pair sit on the telephone wire and wait for me to disappear before they come down to get the treat.  One at a time they come down and get their snack of the day.  There is not a shy one in this pair.  They are both bold as long as they can't see me.  Now they are both sitting on the telephone wire when I come upstairs in the morning to get my cup of tea. How soon they learn where the good stuff is!!
I am very anxious to get home and see the raven pair.  Will they remember me?

No comments:

Post a Comment