Tuesday, January 19, 2010

RAVEN DEPRIVATION

It has been 19 days since I have seen a raven.  I am raven deprived!!  I have searched the skies of Pismo Beach, Avila Beach, Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo to no avail.  Nary a raven in sight. I miss Bold and Shy and their morning visits at 7:30 AM on the nose.  It is my punishment for going off and leaving Bold and Shy that I have not been able to find a raven.  It is so strange because I always see ravens wherever I go.  HUM- there are brown pelicans, starlings, oyster catchers, blue jays, sea gulls a plenty, surf scooters, buzzards, sparrows, crows, hummingbirds,  egrets, they are all here at the interface of the land and the sea- but no ravens. Well I will keep looking and scanning the skies.   I did see one thing that was so marvelous.  Looking out to sea I saw something sitting on a raft of kelp.  With further looking- it was a grey blue heron riding on a raft of kelp quite a ways from shore. That is something I had never seen- quite something- not as good as a RAVEN- but pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment