Friday, February 25, 2011

Wild Weather and Ruffled Crows

The weather has turned wild at Shell Beach, snow is expected in the surrounding high areas and the crows are ruffled.  I have been feeding a pair of crows each day about 10:00 AM each day.  They were right on time this morning.  It is funny how they can tell time- do they have a pocket watch?? I looked out and they were hanging on the telephone wires and their feathers were blowing every which way.  It is really blowing hard out there.  I have to be careful when I feed the crows as there are many ravenous seagulls about.  They will fly down and steal the food away from the crows just like that.  This morning the gulls were not around so I put two pieces of meat out for the crows.  The brave one came right down to the railing and got a piece.  Then the shy one came down and got the other piece of meat.   Right after that the seagulls showed up so I could not feed the crows anymore food.  However- I do believe they will be back tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM unless it is raining very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment