Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Visiting the Ravens of Mt. Veeder

Yesterday I visited the ravens of Mt. Veeder where I used to live.  It was the first time that I had been to the property since we left, 1.5 years ago.  I just couldn't go before.  It was too sad.  But yesterday was great and the raven pair were there making lots of racket, just for me.  We had a great time, yelling back and forth at each other.  They probably wondered where the eggs were.  My good friend's property is contiguous with our former property, so from their vantage point I could see where I used to live.  It looked fine and well cared for which was such a relief.  When we sold our former home in Concord, the new owners trashed the place and I can't even go down that street anymore.  It is too sad to see what has happened to a property that used to be so lovely.  Any way- I was happy to see Bold and Shy and I think that they were happy to see me, even without the eggs.  Next time I will take eggs and put them in a special place along the road where they can retreive them.

1 comment:

  1. YAY - so glad you got to see your Raven friends! I hiked way up our canyon the other day looking for nests - Ravens used a nest up there 2 years ago but not last year. it's too early for them to start nesting yet, but there was a pair hanging out not far from there. they both cawed and croaked at me, and I talked to them as I hiked past, telling them how beautiful they are, and I hope they decide to nest in the canyon this year!
    - The Equestrian Vagabond

    ReplyDelete