Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Convivial Evening in the Garden

Tomorrow is suppose to be a very hot day in the Napa Valley.  Last weekend I bought many plants from the California Native Plant Society sale and I thought I better get some of them planted because of the coming heat.  So out into the garden I went in the early evening.  Hark- who showed up but my friend Mr. Crow! Andy the cat and I were busily doing our thing in the garden and Mr. Crow sat up in the redwood tree.  He was busy making clicking and clacking sounds and generallly being nosy, as crows and ravens are wont to do.  It was very pleasant to have a crow in residence.  Mr. Crow would fly down to the platform feeder periodically to pick up a peanut and fly back up into the redwood tree.  We went on like this until the light started to fade.  Then we went inside and Mr. Crow went off to find his crow family.  Nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment