Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rainy Days and that Black Cat

This morning the raven was agitated.  I was having tea in the front room and I saw Bold flying back and forth in front of the big windows.  He was trying to get my attention.  I had not fed the ravens yet and they were HUNGRY!  I went out on the deck and discovered the black cat.  This cat lives next door with another black cat that looks just like him.  The owners are often away for long periods of time and the cats want some attention and food.  I do not want them at my house because they scare the birds and beat up on my old orange cat Andy.  So I yelled at the black cat to go home.  The cat is still under the porch and will not leave.  I do not want to put the eggs out as I do not want to put the ravens in danger.  So we will all have to wait for the cat to go home then life can return to normal.  Meanwhile it has not bothered Mr. Aggressive Squirrel who is out scouting for black oil sunflower seeds which I put on the ground this morning.  The juncos are after the seeds as well.  Bold has left but will be back later when I can feed him his egg and Shy too.
Yesterday I watched an old Sherlock Holmes movie which featured a pub called the Rat and the Raven.  The pub had a live raven sitting on the bar- he was making racket and people were throwing insults his way- is this any way to treat a raven?

No comments:

Post a Comment