Sunday, September 12, 2010

RAVEN TALES

I found a program on the Smithsonian Channel on the television called "Raven Tales".  What a FIND!  They are animated tales of Haida First Nation People of British Columbia.  Raven and Eagle live in the village with the Haida people and interact with them on a daily basis.  Raven is pictured as scheming, lazy, gluttonous and always up to some tricks, but not mean.  And Raven likes to have fun.  The program is so cute and fun- check it out on the Smithsonian Channel.
I had a booth at the craft fair in Napa yesterday.  I was located right under a tree where a pair of downtown ravens have a nest.  I have seen them flying in and out of that tree when there have been young ravens in the nest.  No one in the nest at the present but the ravens were flying around over head all day.  Good company.
I hear noisy crow cawing outside the window at the squirrel who is absconding with the peanuts I put out for crow.  He sounds very upset.  I think I will go take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment