Friday, March 12, 2010

Raven Abandonment

This has been a very weird week to say the least.  On Tuesday we went down town.  When we got home about 4 PM the ravens were in the redwood trees looking for a treat.  I went inside to make the bed and could hear them outside making little noises.  The shades were down in the bedroom so that I could not see outside and they could not see me but they KNEW I was in there.  About 4:30 PM my husband starts yelling that my car is on FIRE!  Sure enough flames were coming out of the passenger side wheel well.  He told me to call 911, which I did.  Since we live in the county this call would bring the Dry Creek/Lokoya Volunteer Fire Dept and the California Dept. of Forestry, but not for awhile.  So we got the hoses and sprayed water on the car.  About this time black smoke started billowing up from the burning tires and the ravens LEFT!  Smart birds- abandoned by my so called bird friends!
It was very nerve wracking until the volunteer fire dept arrived with the big hoses and lots of water and put out the fire.  We were afraid the gas tank would catch on fire and burn the house down as the car was parked close to the house.  The windshield shattered and started shooting pieces of glass- all in all it was a horrible experience but no one got hurt and only the car is toast.  Junky Cars is coming to pick up the car today.
It is raining, it seems appropriate to say goodby to my car.  Tuesday was a bad day for me and Toyota.  We have no clue why the car caught on fire.  I won't be getting another Toyota anytime soon.
I expect the ravens to arrive in about 30 minutes.  They will get steak scraps today and they will be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment