Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunny Days and Where is MY FOOD!

We have had a few half sunny days and what a difference it makes.  The daffodils have their shining heads held up to the sunshine and the ravens are looking perkier.  They are SO perky and pesky that they have been hanging around by my window all day- off and on.  This morning I was cleaning out the refrigerator and came across 5 chicken sausages past their prime.  I looked outside and could not see the ravens.  So I went outside and yelled really loud- RAVEN- RAVEN- and in about 2 minutes- here they came on the wing. Bold tried to line up the sausages on the deck railing so he could put as many as possible in his beak.  Bold got them perfectly aligned and was able to get 3 sausages in his beak at once.  Then Shy came and picked up the remaining two sausages and that was the end of the sausages!
When the sun is shining the world looks so fine.  The trees are leafing out, the miner's lettuce is abundant and the world is verdant.  I see soap plant poking its leaves up and fairy lanterns about to bloom- the forest is alive with native plants and the pugnacious Allan's and Rufous hummingbirds are passing through on their migration north.   Their golden bodies shine in the sun as they feed at the hummingbird feeders.  Ah Spring is in the air even though it is still winter.  There are still piles of ladybugs over in the sunny spot by the creek.  The ground and the tree limbs are red with their little bodies.  Sometimes I walk over there to see how they are doing.  I come back with ladybugs attached to my socks, pants and shirt.  I have to de- ladybug myself before I go in the house.  Such is the pleasure of nature in the almost Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment