Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hillside Happenings

The fog has been so thick around the house the last couple of days that it appears we are living in a cloud.  Yesterday morning I looked out and the fog was swirling about.  It must be in honor of the new Sherlock Holmes movie that is coming out on Dec. 25th.  We are going to see it on the 26th- of course.  As I was peering through the fog- what do I see but two ravens winging their way toward me through the fog.  I have to say that this was an eerie sight and the sound of the wings beating completed the phantasmagorical apparition.  It was exactly 7:30 AM.  How do the ravens do it?  Do they have miniature Piagets?
It was a day of leftover roast beef and a hunk of crisco= yum!  When I ran out of those treats, I put out the doggie crunchies- that is the signal that no more good stuff is in the offing. They had a few crunchies and departed for better prospects.
It is still early this morning and the great horned owls are out and about doing their hooting.  Last night they were hooting so much that I went out and hooted with them.  They call back to my hoots which is such a HOOT for me. Nature is a wonderful thing. 
Our good neighbors have lost their beloved orange cat Max.  The night before I looked out the kitchen door and saw a tail just around the edge of the drape.  I couldn't figure out what it was so I took a better look- it was an orange cat come to eat some of the doggie crunchies that the ravens had left.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Unfortunatly the cat ran off as soon as it saw me.  I called to it to no avail.  I called the neighbors and they came over and called- to no avail.  I hope they find him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment