Monday, December 7, 2009

It did SNOW!

Got up this morning and looked out.  It did snow last night as predicted.  There was a light dusting here and there but none on the driveway.  This is very good as we can't get out of here if our very steep driveway is icy.  The thermometer is sitting at 32 degrees. 
Nevermind- the ravens arrived right on the dot of 7:30 AM looking very expectant.  Did they know I was saving the ham bone for a special day?  I put out the bone and Bold was on it in a New York minute.  Bold tried to pick it up and fly away with it but it was too heavy.  Bold was content to pick pieces of meat and fat off the bone and then fly away with a loaded bill.  Next came Shy for a treat.  The next time I looked out- the bone was GONE!  I suppose Bold got the bone down to a size where it was light enough to pick up and fly off with it.  The ravens are always a bit nervous when I put out a big piece of food like the ham bone because the ever vigilant buzzards are about in the sky.  They fly over the house several times a day to see if I have put out any food worthy of their bother.  It is a restaurant out there.  Keep warm!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog - love it! I'm a Raven fanatic too. keep up the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merri-Welcome- I am glad to know that there is another Raven fanatic out there!
    Andree

    ReplyDelete