Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bold was there

Yesterday we spent several hours at Redwood House showing the new owners the property and how to work the various systems around the house.  We arrived a little early and I went out on the deck for one last time.  No sooner had I sat down then here came Bold!  He sat over my head and made all the raven sounds  and then flew around and did a barrel roll- what a send off for me!  It was so great!  Fortunately there is a good food supply up there between raven fanciers, road kill squirrels and the ravens natural ability to find food.  I am not worried that they will go hungry without me.  I am in Concord this morning and nary a raven sound to be heard.  I am so used to hearing the ravens each morning that something really does seem amiss.  I do hear a woodpecker however and of course the crazy dogs running up and down the hallway.  Andy the old cat is sitting right next to me and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment