Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Raven Bonanza!

Last night my husband and I decided to go out and have a prime rib dinner to celebrate.  We ordered the extra cut (what were we thinking?).  Trying to support the beef industry I suppose and my friend the rancher.  Anyhow neither one of us could eat these giant pieces of meat BUT raven could!  We brought the rest of the dinner home and I am now watching raven come and get it.  He is enjoying eating some and flying off with some.  Bold is either caching it or taking it to Shy, I wish I knew which.  I am able to get a good look at his feathers today.  They are so beautiful and shiny.  Bold is getting a good look at me too as he is watching me out of the corner of his eye as he stuffs food in his beak.   Probably feels sorry for me- no lovely feathers and can't fly! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those birds eat better than me! Lucky ravens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally craving prime rib now.

    Envious you get such close up looks at your ravens. The ones I see are always up in a tree or flying overhead, or eyeing the neighbourhood garbage cans.

    ReplyDelete