Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Best Treat

October 18, 2009  

The ravens got their best treat on Friday- chicken fat!  Whenever I cook chicken I cut all the fat off and save it for the ravens.  They love chicken fat and skin- yum!  I have so much less garbage since I made the acquaintance of the ravens.  They like steak fat and steak bones too.  I was gone yesterday so I did not see the ravens and they had no treats.  This morning Mr. Bold Raven tried to land on the little ledge on my window to make sure I saw him.  My bed is right near the ledge with a complete view for the raven and myself.  This was right at 7:30 AM, their new arrival time.  Bold could not quite get a grip on the ledge and was flapping his big wings to try and get some leverage.  This gave me a great view of the beautiful bird and his size relative to other birds.  So I got up and went downstairs to put the eggs out into the flower basket on the deck along with some dry dog food.  Happy ravens today!

1 comment:

  1. They really are your pets. How funny!!!! They actually come to your window to REMIND you that they need their treats. Hilarious! And kind of pushy.....

    ReplyDelete